A volunteer community council working to improve Over the Rhine’s quality of life by representing, with a recognizable voice, the residents’ interests.
An Over the Rhine community that is home to and proud of the economic, social, historical and cultural diversity of all residents; visitors; profit and not-for-profit businesses; and cultural, educational and religious institutions.
The community council’s membership is open to residents and those who work in OTR; the membership elects trustees in open elections; officers are elected by the trustees and ratified by the membership. The OTRCC is recognized by the City of Cincinnati as the residents’ planning, policy and implementation organization.
The Over the Rhine Community Council’s values include:
- Advocating for the rights and responsibilities of residents of Over the Rhine.
- Sharing information and communications with residents and other OTR stakeholders.
- Formulating policies and positions that are a holistic approach to issues affecting Over the Rhine.
- Upgrading living standards in Over the Rhine, by working together toward common goals, while maintaining affordability.
- Conducting open discussions and problem solving that address issues affecting the community and taking appropriate action.
- Advocating for economic inclusion and environmental justice for OTR stakeholders.
- Creating and sustaining a green environment in the OTR neighborhood.